The customer experience has evolved tremendously through retail history, but its significance isn’t. Considerate and appealing customer experience still stands as a vital feature for the successes of the businesses and retailers. In recent times, the customer experience is being structured in a better way by digital services and digital technology, thus bringing a rich experience for the consumers. With consumers, customers and prospects utilizing more numbers of digital channels and also devices in their communications with organizations and brands, there is a higher focus for digital customer experiences.
End-to-end customer experience is important for the retention of customers, word-of-mouth, customer-loyalty, acquisition, to name a few. This is the same for the digital customer experience. It’s a known thing that the overall customer experience is crucial for the future growth of any company. Relying on the customer’s expectations, small poor customer experience through a way of comments can make or break the reputation of a business.
The Growth for Digital Customer Experience pertains to Various Evolutions
- The digital customers are hugely using digital channels (websites, FM, television, social media, etc.), tools/devices and touch-points. They are using smartphones more than desktops to know about the services they want. The use of smartphones helps them to explore them quickly at one click.
- They enjoy real-time digital experiences in distinct industries and expect higher results.
- Today’s customers use multiple channels to have knowledge about digital products in seconds. With more options available nowadays, users can surf amply and pick the best product for themselves which is accessible at reasonable prices.
Customer Experience Trends in the Digital World
- Artificial Intelligence ‘Chatbots’: Digital services are harnessing the power of AI to increases the customer experience. Chatbots in the form of AI applications have the potential to interact with customers anytime and anywhere.
- Cashier-less stores: Companies such as Amazon have started with cashier-less stores that depend on AI technology which keeps a track automatically and registers the products the consumers pick and charge them accordingly while they leave the store.
- Internet of Things (IoT): The adoption of IoT devices by digital companies is a great way the digital transformation is shaping up the future of customer experiences.
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: Many digital companies have deployed augmented and virtual reality as a way to engage more numbers of customers with the better-personalized shopping experience. AR technology is used by Ikea, Legos, and Adidas brands to engage more customers. AR lets the customers communicate with a 3D visual representation of the products.
- Quality Assurance Testing: With the increase of new services such as beacons, chatbots, apps, tags, RFID, etc, digital companies are testing these technologies to make sure that they operate as anticipated.
Well, the above digital services are influencing the smart customer experiences magnificently and trying their best to level up their expectations every single day and every year!
Latest posts by Sanghamitra Roychoudhary (see all)
- 5 Common Accidental Sources of Data Leaks in Cybersecurity - October 18, 2020
- Best Dos and Don’ts of iPad Form Design - September 26, 2020
- What is Python Used for in the Major Industries? - September 19, 2020